In a bid to help Great Britain’s oil fired households save money and become more fuel efficient, trade associations OFTEC (Oil Firing Technical Association) and FPS (Federation of Petroleum Suppliers) have launched a new-look Oilsave website offering impartial information and advice to help people get the best from their oil heating systems.
Oilsave (www.oilsave.org.uk) provides tips and guidance such as how to improve energy efficiency, buying heating oil at the lowest price, the benefits of combining oil with renewable heating options enabling oil heating customers to make informed choices about heating oil and their future energy needs.
Oilsave can help householders:
- Improve their energy efficiency
- Unravel the hype over 'green' alternatives
- Make cost effective upgrades
- Understand how they can integrate oil systems with other technologies
- Get advice on service and security
- Find out about grants for energy efficiency improvements
- Compare rival heating systems